CCSDS Telemetry Transmitter IP core
A considerable number of Earth Observation missions are based on small satellites class and embark payloads producing substantial data rates, thus requiring a reliable, efficient and economical payload data transmitter specialised for mid-range data rate, i.e. few hundred Mb/s.
Such missions would benefit from employing state-of-the-art coding and modulation standard, allowing to exploit the protection offered by modern coding techniques while at the same time maximizing the supported data rates by using spectral efficient modulation formats.
The CCSDS Telemetry Transmitter IP Core is fully compliant with the CCSDS 131.2-B standard, combining powerful Serially Concatenated Convolutional Codes (SCCC) with modulations ranging from QPSK to 8PSK and 16-, 32- and 64-APSK, offers precisely such benefits, together with a high degree of flexibility. Such flexibility, thanks to the number of modulation and coding formats (ModCod) provided, will help configuring the system to better adapt to the specific target requirements.
The CCSDS Telemetry Transmitter IP core is in the process to be qualified as ESA IP core.
- Fully compliant with CCSDS 131.2-B standard
- Support of all the 27 ModCods in a single instantiation for high capacity FPGA technologies for space (e.g. Microsemi RTG4 and Xilinx Virtex 5QV)
- High data-rate IP Core option for symbol rates higher than 400 Mbaud and input data rates higher than 2 Gb/s
- Low-complexity IP Core option for implementation on antifuse technology (e.g. RTAX2000 FPGA)
- Includes symbol pre-distortion to mitigate non linearity
- Optional Square-Root Raised Cosine baseband filtering
- Optional SEE mitigation mechanisms
- IP core generator Graphical User Interface to configure and generate the IP core according to the needs of the end-user